You don't need any social media accounts to use FutureLearn. Some courses run supporting activities on social media, but these will always be optional.
In this article we'll cover:
- Logging in with Facebook
- Connecting with other learners on Twitter
- Sharing what you're learning on any social media platform
- Sharing Certificates on LinkedIn
Logging in with Facebook
To make signing in as quick as possible, you can register with Facebook (as long as your Facebook account is registered to an email address). Just click 'Register using Facebook' on our registration page.
(If you'd prefer to register with just an email address that's fine too, just fill in the fields underneath the Facebook button.)
If you've already registered with an email address and want to link your FutureLearn account your Facebook profile, you can do so by clicking on the Sign in using Facebook button. Please make sure you're using the same email address you use with Facebook to sign into FutureLearn - otherwise, you'll create multiple accounts, which is against our Code of Conduct.
We provide Twitter hashtags and other links so that learners who wish to can locate each other on other sites - this is also totally optional.
Sharing your learning
At the end of each week of a course you'll see a celebration which you can share on social media so your friends can see what you're learning.
Many course materials are available to view and browse without being signed in to the course, and you can share these materials on social media. Wherever this is possible, you'll see sharing links. You can read about our approach to openness in our openness principles.
Sharing certificates on LinkedIn
To add your digital certificate to LinkedIn:
- log into LinkedIn
- log into FutureLearn
- on FutureLearn, click on your profile picture in the top right hand corner and select Your Learning (If you haven't uploaded a profile picture, your default profile picture will be your initials in a coloured box)
- select Achievements
- click on the pink 'Share' link below the relevant certificate
- click on the blue LinkedIn 'Add to profile' box
- you should then see a blue box at the top of the screen prompting you to add the certificate
- select 'Save' and it should be added to your LinkedIn profile
Tip: You can share your certificate to Facebook and Twitter in the same way.
You can add the following fields in manually:
- Certification Name
- Certification Authority
- License Number
- (Time period) From- To
- Certification URL