We offer two kinds of proof of participation in our courses: Certificates of Achievement and Statements of Participation. You can see which certificate a course offers on the main course page before you join. Take a look at the Certificates of Achievement and Statements of Participation pages to see what they look like. On each course description page you'll find a section telling you whether Statements or Certificates are available.
Use them for CVs, applications or CPD
They're great to add to your CV or resume when applying for a job, or to reference when applying for further or higher education courses. Employers and admissions tutors often appreciate this evidence of self-directed study.
All certificates state the minimum number of hours required per week and the length of the course, so you can claim that many hours of CPD (Continuing Professional Development) by showing your employer or organisation the certificate.
The majority of learners who purchase them add them to their CV, but it's important to note that certificates do not imply the award of credit points or the conferment of a university qualification.
Where a course or program is accredited this information will be included on the course or program information page.
Achieving a certificate or statement
To be eligible for a Certificate of Achievement you need to:
- Purchase an upgrade
- complete 90% of the steps (using the “Mark as complete” button)
- attempt every test question (if the course contains test steps)
- score over 70% on average across all course tests (if the course contains test steps
A smaller number of courses offer a Statement of Participation. To be eligible for a Statement you need to:
- Purchase an upgrade
- complete 50% of the steps in a course (using the “Mark as complete” button)
- attempt every test question in the course (if the course contains test steps)
Information included on the certificate
Your certificate or statement will include
- your name
- an outline of what you’ve learned
- the length of the course (in weeks)
- the number of hours of study required per week
- The date you became eligible for the certificate
- the logos of the university and other organisations associated with your course
- Your printed certificate will also include the lead educator’s signature.
Your Certificate of Achievement also includes
- Your average test score
- a detailed transcript of what you've learned
Accessing your digital certificate
You can access your digital certificate using the direct link in your order confirmation email, or by going to your profile page:
- Click on your profile picture at the top right hand side of the site
- Select 'Your Profile'
- Scroll down to 'Achievements'
Downloading and printing
We don't offer a PDF or other printable or downloadable version of the digital certificate. If you need to show evidence of your certificate before the printed copy arrives, you could save a screenshot of the digital certificate.
How names are displayed on your certificate
At checkout, we ask you to confirm how your name should appear on the printed certificate - you can make any changes at this point and this will be saved for future purchases as your 'Certificate name'. You can also edit your 'Certificate name' in your profile area. Your digital certificate also shows your Certificate name.
Shipping and Delivery
You can find more about shipping here.