ID verification is a service provided by another organisation, so we can't always help with it. Here is some advice which should fix most queries. If you'd like more information on the service, try our article on how ID verification works.
What to do first
- First, try taking a photo of your face at the time of verification with your computer or smartphone, rather than scanning a photo.
Here are some other common issues:
My ID has been declined
- Check if your ID can be read.
- Check the picture is in full colour - we can't accept black and white pictures.
- If it's a driver’s license or government issued ID, it needs to be a plastic card - we can't accept paper ID.
- Try to scan the ID again.
- Try to upload it manually.
My ID isn't scanning
If you can clearly read the information when you look at the picture on your computer screen, then the ID should scan. If not:
- Make sure there is enough light in the room.
- Make sure the picture is high enough resolution.
I don't have a webcam
You can still upload a picture of your ID.
- Click ‘Start ID verification’, then select ‘Upload a file of your ID’.
- You will also be asked to upload an image of yourself.
I don't have the right documents
Right now we can only verify the identity of learners who
- have a passport, driver’s license or a government issued ID
- are from the countries supported by Jumio.
If you don't have the required documents or your country is not listed, and you need to verify your identity for credit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I don't want to supply my ID document
Right now we can only verify the identity of learners who provide access to the required ID documents.