You can join most of our short courses for free. If you want to get additional benefits on a specific course, you can upgrade that course. If you want to get additional benefits on hundreds of courses, you can buy Unlimited.
What are the benefits of Unlimited?
Being an Unlimited learner means you get:
- Access to hundreds of FutureLearn short courses and tests for a year
- A printable digital Certificate of Achievement on all short courses once you’re eligible
- The freedom to keep the content of any course you've achieved a digital Certificate of Achievement on, for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn
- The flexibility to complete your choice of short courses in your own time within a year
You can find more information about Unlimited on the Unlimited information page.
What courses are included?
- Almost all of our short courses! Unlimited includes access to all short courses which offer a Certificate of Achievement, except premium courses.
What courses aren't included?
- Premium courses
- Program assessments
- Degrees (although open taster courses are included)
- Courses which offer a Statement of Participation
- Invite-only courses
What happens at the end of the year if I don’t renew Unlimited?
- You’ll keep all of your Certificates of Achievement
- You’ll keep unlimited access to every course where you’ve earned a Certificate of Achievement
- You’ll go back to having the same experience as a free learner on any courses where you haven’t earned a Certificate of Achievement
What about old courses I’ve taken and lost access to?
- If you’ve lost access to any courses in the two weeks before you buy Unlimited, you'll regain access and receive all the benefits of unlimited on them
- Unlimited won’t apply to any courses where your access expired more than two weeks before your purchase