In this guide we will cover:
- About free digital upgrade voucher codes
- About digital upgrades
- How to redeem a digital upgrade voucher code
- Deadlines and expiry dates
- What to do if your code isn't working
About free digital upgrade voucher codes
These are special codes that allow you to get a free digital upgrade when you enrol on a short course on FutureLearn.
These codes will be valid from the 1st of March 2021 until the 11th July 2021, or until the 100,000 vouchers have been redeemed across JobStreet and JobsDB participating countries, whichever comes first.
Please remember that the vouchers can only be redeemed once for one free digital upgrade and only for the courses within the Emerging Skills and Transferrable Skills collection pages. Terms and conditions apply.
About digital upgrades
A digital upgrade gives you:
- Long term access to one course for as long as it exists on FutureLearn - no time limits or deadlines
- Access to tests if there are any
- A digital-only certificate if you complete at least 90% of course steps and score at least 70% on all test questions (if there is a test)
A digital certificate is a permanent web page, with a unique address, so you can easily add it to your online candidate profile, CV or resumé, and share it with friends or employers.
You can also download a PDF of your certificate from your FutureLearn profile, which you can share, or print yourself.
How to redeem a digital upgrade voucher code
- Choose the course you want to study
- Click on 'Find out more'
- Click on 'Join course for free'
- On the 'Ways to learn page', select the 'upgrade' option:
- Create your profile or if you are already registered, fill out the information requested
- In the Your Payment Details section, enter your code in the ‘Got a discount code?’ box and click ‘Apply code’:
A yellow confirmation text box will confirm your code has been accepted and the order price will be reduced to zero
- Click on the 'Order now' button
- A prompt will confirm that your code has been accepted and your upgrade has been applied. You can be being learning right away and your digital certificate will be issued as soon as you meet the eligibility criteria
For more information please see the article How to redeem an upgrade voucher.
Deadlines and expiry dates
Once you have registered on the JobStreet website and received your voucher, please make sure to note the expiry date.
Once you have done that, you will be able to start and complete the course in your own time.
What to do if your code isn't working
If the expiry date has passed or the code has already been used, your code will be invalid, so please make sure to redeem your code before the expiry date and be careful not to share you code with anyone else.
If you're having a different problem with the code, please contact FutureLearn Support and quote 'level up'.