To access your profile page
- Click on your profile picture in the top right hand corner of the site (if you haven't uploaded a profile picture, your default profile picture will be your initials in a coloured box).
- Select 'Your profile'.
- Click 'Edit profile' under your profile picture to customise your profile.
You can change:
Change your profile name
- Most people use the name they go by in everyday life, but you don't need to if you'd be more comfortable using a different name.
- You can find information about our naming policy in our Code of Conduct
Upload a profile image
- This is optional.
- If you don't upload a picture we'll use your initials on a coloured background.
Write some profile text
- Introduce yourself and put your course contributions in context for your fellow learners.
- If you're stuck for what to put, look at the profiles of other learners on your course for inspiration.
- Most of our learners say they prefer to read shorter profiles, so we limit ours to 200 characters.
- This also makes it easier to scan a list of learners to help you can find people you might want to follow.
Control who else can see your profile
- By default, only learners who have signed in can see your profile.
- You can choose to make your FutureLearn profile public discoverable through internet search.
- You can choose whether to make your certificates and achievements visible to other learners.
- You can choose whether to make your courses and activity section visible to other learners.