FutureLearn courses offer you a few different ways to reflect on your learning:
- Quizzes are designed to help you with the learning process.
- They don't count towards an overall course score.
- You can try each question as many times as you like.
- Tests are designed to assess what you’ve learned.
- They count towards your overall course score.
- You can only take a test once, but you get three attempts at each question.
- Only learners who have upgraded can access tests - you can find out more about this in our article about upgrading.
- Exercises are designed to let you put into practice some of what you've learned.
- They don't count towards your overall course score.
- Assignments let you produce a slightly longer-form piece of work.
- They are reviewed by other learners.
- You'll be able to review another learner's work as well!
- Everyone who submits an assignment should receive at least one review. (The system is largely random, but sampled so that everyone should get at least one.)
- Learners who submit earlier are a little more likely to receive multiple reviews.
- Some reviews will be received later in the course, as learners join and study later.
- We can't edit your assignment after you submit it.
- We recommend that your draft assignments outside FutureLearn and then paste them into the submission box, to avoid submitting them accidentally.
We know the vast majority of our learners work hard to make their reviews as useful and constructive as possible. If you feel that a review is inappropriate or breaks our Code of Conduct please report it using the flag icon so our moderators can take action.