You can join many of our short courses for free. If you want to get additional benefits on a specific course, you can upgrade that course. If you want to get additional benefits on hundreds of short courses, you can subscribe to Unlimited.
What are the benefits of Unlimited?
Being an Unlimited learner means you get:
- Access to hundreds of FutureLearn short courses and tests for the subscription period you signed up to (annual or monthly)
- A printable digital Certificate of Achievement on all short courses once you’re eligible
- The freedom to keep the content of any course you've achieved a digital Certificate of Achievement on, for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn
- The flexibility to complete your choice of short courses in your own time within for the subscription period you signed up to (annual or monthly)
You can find more information about Unlimited on the Unlimited information page.
What courses are included?
Almost all of our short courses! Unlimited includes access to all standalone short courses which offer a Certificate of Achievement, except Paid Upfront courses or Subscription Access courses (including ExpertTracks).
What courses aren't included?
Paid Upfront courses (including Microcredentials)
Subscription Access courses (including ExpertTracks)
Degrees (although open taster courses are included)
How do I renew Unlimited?
- Your Unlimited subscription, both annual and monthly, is automatically set to auto-renew on the date it expires, so you don't need to worry about remembering it! You can manage your subscription from your account area. Please see our Renewing Unlimited article.
- We will notify you by email before the expiry date to let you know that your subscription is about to get renewed.
- If you decide to do not renew your Unlimited, you’ll keep unlimited access to every course where you’ve earned a Certificate of Achievement, but will lose access to any other enrolments.
What happens if I don't renew straight away?
- If you don’t get round to renewing Unlimited straight away, don’t worry!
- You will regain access to the courses from your last subscription from the moment that you pay again.
What happens at the end of the subscription period if I don’t renew Unlimited?
- You’ll keep all of your Certificates of Achievement
- You’ll keep unlimited access to every course where you’ve earned a Certificate of Achievement
- You’ll go back to having the same experience as a free learner on any courses where you haven’t earned a Certificate of Achievement
What about old courses I’ve taken and lost access to?
- If you’ve lost access to any courses before you buy Unlimited, you'll regain access and receive all the benefits of unlimited on them.