You can join many of our short courses for free. If you want to get additional benefits on a specific course, you can upgrade that course. If you want to get additional benefits on hundreds of short courses, you can buy Unlimited.
What are the benefits of Unlimited?
Being an Unlimited learner means you get:
- Access to hundreds of FutureLearn short courses and tests for a year
- A printable digital Certificate of Achievement on all short courses once you’re eligible
- The freedom to keep the content of any course you've achieved a digital Certificate of Achievement on, for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn
- The flexibility to complete your choice of short courses in your own time within a year
You can find more information about Unlimited on the Unlimited information page.
What courses are included?
Almost all of our short courses! Unlimited includes access to all standalone short courses which offer a Certificate of Achievement, except Paid Upfront courses or Subscription Access courses (including ExpertTracks).
What courses aren't included?
Paid Upfront courses (including Microcredentials)
Subscription Access courses (including ExpertTracks)
Degrees (although open taster courses are included)
What happens at the end of the year if I don’t renew Unlimited?
- You’ll keep all of your Certificates of Achievement
- You’ll keep unlimited access to every course where you’ve earned a Certificate of Achievement
- You’ll go back to having the same experience as a free learner on any courses where you haven’t earned a Certificate of Achievement
What about old courses I’ve taken and lost access to?
- If you’ve lost access to any courses in the two weeks before you buy Unlimited, you'll regain access and receive all the benefits of unlimited on them
- Unlimited won’t apply to any courses where your access expired more than two weeks before your purchase
How do I renew Unlimited?
- A year after you buy Unlimited, your subscription will expire unless you renew it.
- You’ll keep unlimited access to every course where you’ve earned a Certificate of Achievement, but will lose access to any other enrolments.
- We will notify you a few weeks before the expiry date to let you know how to pay for the next year. Expect to see an email, and some information on the website about how to renew.
What happens if I don't renew straight away?
- If you don’t get round to renewing Unlimited straight away, don’t worry!
- You will regain access to the courses from your last subscription from the moment that you pay for the next year.